Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

1
Monday, April 9, 2012

Typing Dreams

I type with my eyes closed sometimes.

No, I'm not doing it at the moment, but when I do, when I get to (because I like to avoid being the center of attention and therefore cannot do this just anytime and anywhere I please) it is a feeling like no other. You can write! write! write! without having to hold your eyes from tracing your previous sentences and subsequently communicating with your mind a minor unnecessary flaw that is often the problem that results in unfinished writings.

It's a lot like thinking,  but without hesitating. Like speaking as you think, but without being held back by any form of intimidation whatsoever. It's also a bit like walking into the unknown corners of your thoughts and finding  unknown sub-thoughts that were never previously mentioned to another soul. Some out of fear, others out of doubt.

Sometimes the turns are a bit more familiar. and when they are, you smile. You smile as words you didn't know you knew flow beautifully into lines, into paragraphs, into things, not always meaningful but, tangible. With structure. So structured it will take you by surprise.

Sometimes my mind drifts into something completely out of this world and it's a beautiful thing. Images flashing within just milliseconds. You know what it's like? It's like you can actually verbalize the often inexplicable sequence of a weird dream in real-time. As. It. Takes. Place.

Once I was  typing with my eyes closed and literally fell asleep and literally dreamed. I must have been spent from a long day because it was all so strange, the dream. No, I couldn't type it, because that is beyond the few human powers that I possess. But when typing with closed eyes, it's almost like I can.

It's nice.

1 Comments:

dinda said...

Well well, look who resurfaced from the cave :) simple but brilliant topic, as usual, belle...tsk.