Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

0
Friday, November 2, 2012

Countdowns

1 month past the inspiring and exciting days of Ubud Writers Festival; 23 days (oh, the coincidence!) past an unexpectedly dreadful end to the long-awaited Bali trip; 13 days past my first yoga class; 1 week past a good friend/colleague's farewell; 3 days past my final project proposal deadline.

12 days to unemployment (being broke isn't something I look forward to, but the longer sleeping hours and, hopefully, enough time to work on my final project writing might compensate for that); 15 days to Aiko's wedding, 23 days to Dad's; 23 days to thanksgiving (and I'm writing this in the sweet memory of last year's thanksgiving dinner which I'm sure will not repeat itself this year); 53 days away from Christmas (a season this city barely celebrates); 60 days away from 2013.

I was hoping to land myself on a comfortable cushion of inner peace and mental clarity by the first day of next year but as far as my eyes can see (through the blur that is my lenses), this thing might need a bit more time making.

0 Comments: