Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

0
Friday, May 11, 2012

This Is a (/an Academic) Low

Sitting heavyhearted in my least favorite corner of the library. Blur's This Is a Low set on loop for dramatic effect. I have brilliantly managed to miss an exam for the first time in my six heavily unideal years of so-called higher-education. What is this? I flip through the pages in my head for answers as a pang of foreign feelings, feelings I cant even put a word on, come crashing in. Having supplied myself with what I thought was the most indifference I could ever have towards anything in life--though with slight hopes of excelling despite--the amount of self-disappointment filling up all four chambers of the heart at once is far beyond what I am prepared for. How low and irresponsible! How undeserving of a bright future! How deeply in denial she is! How she actually gives a shit! And a shitload of shit! Oh!

On a more positive note, I have finally found the right time and context to use this particular 7-word, 28-letter sentence many use to describe profound moments of their lives:

I have never felt anything like it.

Here's to learning something new today. To a self-discovery of some sort.

0 Comments: